Tuesday, January 28, 2014

SSW112: Job Search Skills and more

Jung Typology Test Human Metrics
This free test is based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality *.
Upon completion of the questionnaire, you will:
  • Obtain your 4-letter type formula according to Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typology, along with the strengths of preferences and the description of your personality type
  • Discover careers and occupations most suitable for your personality type along with examples of educational institutions where you can get a relevant degree or training

Kennedy, D. (2014). Entrepreneur.

6 Job Networking Skills
Here are some quick tips to being a good employee. Ask yourself daily if you are meeting the requirements below. Also, be sure to check regularly with your manager or supervisor to see if you are meeting his or her expectations and if there are new or additional things you could be doing.
  • I get to work on time. If I am going to be late, I call and let my boss know.
  • I rarely miss work. If I am going to miss work, I let my boss know ahead of time (or call if I am sick.)
  • I work as hard as I can.
  • I pay attention to my work.
  • I do my work as I am told. If I am unable to do something or have questions, I ask my supervisor or coworkers.
  • I am friendly on the job.
  • I try to solve problems that come up.
  • I follow safety and company rules.
  • I use materials properly.
  • I behave professionally.


Peter Harris (2013). Workopolis. 

Marketing & Career Development: Maximizing your LinkedIn profile


Hiring managers talk about what they look for in a candidate.



Job Search Tips

                                       

Top 10 Job Search Tips

Ten Time Saving Tips to Speed Up Your Job Search

  • Be prepared
  • Be more than prepared
  • Don’t wait to file for benefits and start planning in case of job loss
  • Get help, seek out career, job and resume assistance
  • Create your own templates
  • Review samples of resumes in your field
  • Use job search engines
  • Sign up for job alerts via e-mail
  • Have references ready
  • Draw on your social networks and get social via networking
  • Be creative, resourceful and thorough in researching employment opportunities
********************************************************

Video: The Informational Interview



The Do's and Don't of Informational Interviews



No comments:

Post a Comment